Alternative Triplex Usage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
This question is only limited for owners who are using Triplex filtration system (PO or P21) and extra 16” or 32” chambers.

As we covered earlier, the small triplex filtration doesn’t last long no matter where you are located, either Arizona or Florida.

Most users including myself are replacing the filter cartridge (repackable or stock cartridge) every 10~20 hrs interval range.

However, I was informed that I can set it up as a dummy and use it as a separator by empting a whole media inside. The repackable canister should be placed no matter the media is filled or not. Otherwise, the compressor doesn’t run.

Another alternative is to fill it with MS and replace ONLY when you replace 2nd 16” or 32” chamber.

The base argument is that every 10~20 hrs cartridge replacement on the Triplex doesn’t help a whole filtration system and air quality. It is a waste of money.

I know it only takes 15 min to replace a cartridge though. I might be getting lazy in mid-west:wink:

How do you think?

I am doing something very similar with my Bauer Purus, however I am adding a P0/P21 after the older smaller 04852 filter stack (I plan to repack the older smaller filters with straight 13X) since it seems excess moisture is the number one killer of the small triplex cartridge (of course living in Louisiana does not help). The 04852 filter stack does not have the safety vent between the o-rings to prevent operation without a filter like the P0 does so my issue is somewhat different.

Ike

Back
Top Bottom