Altering a trilam drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazedone

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a DUI TLS-350 that I bought about 18 months ago. I have lost around 75 lbs since I bought it and now it is way too big. I basically went from a size 2XL to a size L. I know there are a couple good shops that have been recommended here on the board. Do you guys think an alteration like this is feasible?

I don't know what to do since the DS is unusable for me and I really don't want to buy a new one since this is a top of the line suit with zip seals, etc. I have been trying to sell it, but finding someone 5'10 270 Lbs (which is what size my suit is) to sell it to is going to be tough.

Thanks for your help!

dazedone:
I have a DUI TLS-350 that I bought about 18 months ago. I have lost around 75 lbs since I bought it and now it is way too big. I basically went from a size 2XL to a size L. I know there are a couple good shops that have been recommended here on the board. Do you guys think an alteration like this is feasible?

I don't know what to do since the DS is unusable for me and I really don't want to buy a new one since this is a top of the line suit with zip seals, etc. I have been trying to sell it, but finding someone 5'10 270 Lbs (which is what size my suit is) to sell it to is going to be tough.

Thanks for your help!
try dui ..but the cost may be prohibitive..bite the bullet get another and maybe dui can sell it for you

5'10" 270 lbs. Ever notice how they always ask chest and waist measurements but do not take the important one into consideration.
Kudos on the weight loss. Glad you got rid of the Dunlop.

First, congrats on the weight loss. I love success stories.

I suspect that this modification would be rather radical, possibly best to get another suit. However, as DA suggests, why not consult the experts.

Jim

Thanks guys. I know my LDS is going to talk to DUI about it for me. I don't think they will touch it becuase I ran in to Susan Long (CEO of DUI) a few months ago and asked her and she said they would only alter the length, but who knows?

I am also going to call Superior. I have heard good things about them.

Despite what it is going to cost me to possibly buy a new suit, I am glad I dropped the weight. I actually used to weigh 310 and now I am below the weight I was when I was 18. I have lost 30 lbs since my last dive. It will be interesting to see how much lead I can drop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom