Altama Maritime Assault 8 inch Boot Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thanks, your UTD fin straps are magnificent!

After recently exploring lace up boots for drysuit diving I settled on these due to zippological access

009.JPG

It's always about minimal time spent gearing up quickness for me, size 16 fit no slop in XXL eddys

Godsend for size these eddys

Gusset only comes half way up the tongue-laces but the soles are a rocky shoredivers dream

I purchased a pair of the mid height Altama boots a few years ago for a job where I am on a boat patrolling waterways overnight and they have since become my favorite shoes. I have not worn them with fins yet, they don’t fit into the foot pockets of any of my current fins, but I have swam with them. I now have multiple pairs and plan on getting a pair of fins that they will work with.

The low rise Altama are my go to shoes for working on the boat. Fast drying with a rubber toe cap that keeps rolling tanks from crushing your toes. The mid height ones are my wetsuit boots. I wear them with a neoprene sock for thermal protection.

Been wearing the mid-raise Altima's for a while now in Puget Sound. I had to go up from a normal size 11 to Size 13 as I have a Santi with the thicker socks, but they are so much better than the EVO3's and EVO4's, and seem to be holding up a magnitude better. I probably have 130 dives on them and there's no appreciable wear on the boots.

1718033027534.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom