also looking for advice on a new camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quitzalcoatl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to start with underwaterphotography and am therefore looking into buying a digital camera with an underwatercasing or a digital underwater camera.

With a budget of around 700-800 euros (living in the Netherlands) I have been looking at the Canon S1-IS for a regular camera with an underwater casing and the Sea & Sea DX3100 as the underwatercamera.

Can anybody give me some advice on the quality, or if there are better cameras out there in that pricerange?

Thanks!

Do a little poking around here - use the Advanced search function - and you'll find lots of great intro information on a wide variety of systems.

Canon and Olympus are leading the charge, but Sony and Fuji also have some followers. An excellent resource to compare cameras is here...

I would not recommend the Sea & Sea...for the money there are better choices out there, I think. YMMV. I love my Canon A series cameras and I love my Oly 5050. I was not as excited about the 5060 and chose the 5050 instead - but the 5060 users like theirs, too.

Check out the getting started thread coz there are first hand, real life reviews of several options.

Let us know as you have questions!

quitzalcoatl:
Hi,

I want to start with underwaterphotography and am therefore looking into buying a digital camera with an underwatercasing or a digital underwater camera.

With a budget of around 700-800 euros (living in the Netherlands) I have been looking at the Canon S1-IS for a regular camera with an underwater casing and the Sea & Sea DX3100 as the underwatercamera.

Can anybody give me some advice on the quality, or if there are better cameras out there in that pricerange?

Thanks!

Hallo a good link and place to ask your questions in the Netherlands is : http://www.onderwaterhuis.nl/
Kind regards Frank

Back
Top Bottom