Alona Beach - Taglibaran Airport - Cheap Transfer in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roey77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

Myself and 'uberdude' stayed at the Pyramid on Alona Beach after our 5 night stay on Balicasag Island late November 2010. Pyramid quoted us 1000 pesos for a transfer to Taglibaran Airport the next morning.

We ended up running into 3 fellow Aussies that we had met on Balicasag who introduced us to Yano.

Yano runs 'Car & Van Bohol Tours'. We ended up getting a transfer to Taglibaran Airport the next morning for 450 pesos for the both of us. His brother owns a boat and the 3 Aussies got to Balicasag for 500 pesos each. We transfered with the resort on Balicasag and it was about 1300 pesos each.

Our pickup was in a brand new four door sedan and we met him early in the morning at the main intersection on Alona Beach.

Details as follows:

Mobile : 0918-332-6256 OR 0915-607-4126
Email : acaryanthony@yahoo.com

He was a friendly guy and we promised we'd spread the word.

:D

Roey77,

Thanks for the information! Who did you dive with, while you were there? Would you recommend them?

Thanks,
Susie

A tricycle ride is only 250php a little on the slow side but cheap. I would recommend diving with Philippine Fun Divers - they rent space from Lost Horizon Resort. I was there in May and November of 2010.

Thanks for sharing.

I will be in alona beach next week. It is useful info.

For dive shop, I used Sea Explorer before, I highly reocommend them. They are clean, professional and friendly.

A tricycle ride is only 250php a little on the slow side but cheap. I would recommend diving with Philippine Fun Divers - they rent space from Lost Horizon Resort. I was there in May and November of 2010.
I was able to talk an aircon van driver down to 300 (for just myself)...he even stopped so I could pick up batteries :D

ScubaSusie,

We actually stayed at Balicasag Island Dive Resort for 5 days with an overnight at Alona Beach before our flight out. Thought it was easier to roll out of bed, stroll to the dive shop and be in the water in minutes rather than a 30-45 minute boat trip everday. We usually dove at 0930 and 1300 but you can choose your own times and the amount of dives you want to do a day. The Resort workers and dive shop is government run so the staff get paid regardless if they dive or not and we only dove with 2 other people twice during our 5 days there, otherwise we had Raoul all to ourselves and could choose where we wanted to dive and when. There's no nightlife but the hubby and myself loved the 'serenity' and we got rolling drunk a few times which was enough entertainment in itself for us.

The Resort has a great dive shop and flash speedboat and a couple of little outboards they use. They are currently building a huge pool for training which should be finished by now.

I loved Black Forest!

thanks for the info roey77, am planning to go to bohol end of april.

Thanks everyone that shared information - it is all helpful. We are leaving in a few days and I will be glad to share what we experience if it is helpful to other divers.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom