ALOHHHA! we're coming in a few hours! weather??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1

Contributor
Reaction score
hey all!

we're so excited....couldn't sleep last night!!
coming to maui! will be there for the next 6 days...

any weather reports?? water conditions?? should we bring anything special??

is it rainy? i hope the conditions are ok!! =)

take care, all....

will post pics sometime soon!!

-dan

Have a good time David and tell the rest of the family hello from Kathy and myself

So-so shore diving conditions for the next couple of days. I heard surf from my condo this morning. The 2nd hint was all of the boogy boarders and a few surfers hauling their stuff down to Ulua beach.
Makena was reasonable, though. Not great, but diveable. Just 1' or 2' swells. Viz was about 5' out to the point, then about 25'. 77F.

The viz at Molokini usually stays good, even with big swells.

NOAA has the best weather forecast. That page also has a link for the surf forecast --- they are pretty reliable since they can monitor not only the storm up by Japan that created the swells, but also watch them as they reach various buoys scattered across the Pacific.

West swell should murk things up a bit for a day or two but it will clear right back up. The beauty of Molokini is it's always clear. I booked an Xmas morning dive on the wall ( have dove the crater a hundred times but never the wall as I was always in my own boat) but got my kitchen pass revoked :-(

Wildcard: which kitchen pass? The one that allows you in the Shark's Kitchen later this week? :)

Nooo, the kitchen pass that allowed me to dive on Xmas morning and avoid the whole GFs family thing.....Sometimes single is real nice. Oh well, next time.

Good size swell hitting the Big Isle today, vis is crap right now.

I have dove the crater a hundred times but not the wall. I always went out in my boat and missed out on that part. Ohhh welll. :)

Back
Top Bottom