Aloha from New Jersey!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fattycakes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone,

I just getting started with this whole diving thing. I'm actually still taking my certification classes at the moment. I'm not really sure how this forum hulabaloo works. I've never been part of a forum before. So I guess thats all I have to say. If anyone has some good sound advice on anything. I'd be glad to know (=

Welcome to ScubaBoard and to diving! Where in NJ are you? Clubs are a great way to meet other divers and learn about local dive options, etc...

I'm from around North Jersey, about ten minutes from Short Hills. Yes, it is! I'm hoping to do some volunteer work at an aquarium after my certification is over. I just want to do something to get my feet wet. Do you know of any local clubs in the area? I'm doing my certification in South Jersey and something closer would probably be more convenient. (=

Yup, lots of social divers around here....!

I'm the dive chair for the NYC Sea Gypsies, feel free to check out our website and come to one of our meetings. Most of our diving is local, but we do have one trip planned to the Florida Keys: http://www.seagypsies.org

We meet in midtown Manhattan. There are some clubs in NJ, I'm sure, but I don't really know them that well.

One of my buddies volunteers at the NY aquarium in Brooklyn, if you are interested in that (they usually require a bit of diving experience), she can fill you in on the details...

Best,

Mike

That's great, thanks I'll be sure to check it out once I get more experience under my belt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom