Aloha from Hawaii (sort of)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone!

I live in Hawaii and just got my SSI Open Water cert before leaving for my round-the-world trip that I'm on now. I dove the Red Sea which was AMAZING, and I'm currently in Myanmar and about to head to South Thailand.

I stumbled upon this forum while looking for details about the upcoming diving I plan to do in SE Asia. My question, though, is this: why are there not more one-way live a board dive trips? For example, I want to go from South Thailand to Malaysia, and if there was an option for a live a board that left, say, Phuket and meandered through the islands and dive spots of south Thailand and north Malaysia before finally ending in Kuala Lumpur or Panag, that would be awesome. It would allow me to do travel between the cities I want to travel and see all the amazing dive spots too. Instead of taking day trips to the islands then having to catch a ferry or bus or something later. If these sorts of one-way trips do exist, I'm having a heck of a time finding details online.

Anyway, it is nice to meet y'all! I look forward to using this resource in my upcoming travels and when I get back to Hawaii!

-Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom