Almost left behind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItsBruce

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this should be under Near Misses or Humor or here, but here goes...

My family and I (the whole family tree) just got back from a cruise to Hawaii from LA. While there I got to do 3 days of diving, one of which was in Honolulu. I arranged to dive with Lisa and Roger of Oahu Scuba Divers. Lisa was supposed to pick me up at the intersection of Alamauna and Punchbowl. I told her I'd make myself easy to spot by inflating my SMB. Shortly before the arranged pick up time, Lisa called my cell phone to ask me to walk up Punchbowl a short way so I would not be at the intersection. After a bit, she called again to ask where I was. I told her and asked where she was. She told me and I could see her. She passed my by completely. She picked me up after rounding the block again. So, I can say I almost got left behind even with my SMB.

Once Lisa picked me up, we had a wonderful dive at YO 257 and the San Pedro wrecks and then at Kewal Pipeline. It was great to finally meet Lisa in person. (I've dived with Roger a handfull of times in the past.) They have a great operation and Lisa has super log book stamps ... and makes a mean sandwich.

Aren't Roger and Lisa great folks? Can't wait to go back and dive with them, again.

BTW, did you notice an odd vanilla flavor to the sandwich? LOL!!!!

:froggy: :11ztongue:! He didn't get vanilla Kalua Pork!...He had something you haven't tried yet. One more reason for you to come back girlfriend :wink:

Glad you mad it back home safe and the rain didn't wash you away Bruce! Aloha!!

justleesa:
:froggy: :11ztongue:! He didn't get vanilla Kalua Pork!...He had something you haven't tried yet. One more reason for you to come back girlfriend :wink:
:11: What did Bruce get that we didn't? :116: I'm hurt! You always did like him best. :(

I dove with Lisa and Roger last August. I think they're wonderful. Besides Lisa makes great lunches.

justleesa:
Ah, but he didn't get crab/broccoli or go to Keneki's :10:
OK, I feel better, now! BTW, lunch was great all week, if I didn't say so already. :D

The rain didn't wash us away. However, on the way home we went through a bit of a protracted squal with sustained winds of 55 kts and 20 - 25 foot seas, for about 30 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom