Almost embarrassed to ask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little Super Glue makes a great second skin for minor abbrasions and can double for emergency sutures in the field until proper medical care can be found...

I'm not a Doctor... but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Clean the wound.. apply Liquid bandaid.. and Dive

Walk it off, if you get gangrene they make these cool looking nautical pirate peg legs to stick on the stub.

N

Then you cant dive though.. cause God forbid you enter the water with any apparatus that may be used to poke or prod anything.

I'm not a Doctor... but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Clean the wound.. apply Liquid bandaid.. and Dive

Good advice here IMO---seriously, that's what I'd do but on the other hand, I've made some dives that most would not have ie complete head & chest congestion, back requiring a laminectomy, diving 2 months after a laminectomy----etc etc.......good luck to the OP, let us know how things turn(ed) out......

Call Dan and ask. Or call your local doctor. I've swam in streams and lakes as a child with minor cuts and scrapes and never had a problem. Unless the wound is very bad I personally wouldn't think its a problem. Just clean it afterward as others have said. But if you're a Dan member its time to give them a call.

Take a knife, heat it till it's red hot and apply to wound. If Rambo can do it, so can you.

Silkie has a UNC avatar and wants to be a Cavalier. Don't trust a word from that confused soul.

There are plenty of water proof, skin tight dressings that you can put over the wound. Post dive a good washing.

Slather with Triple Antibiotic Ointment (Neosporin or MallWart Equate Brand) and then cover. That's the trick.

It's all in "the bandage".

A slice of plastic bag as a "bandage", then use DUCT TAPE to seal it against your skin. This will not be waterproof (the ointment is), but it will protect the whole gooey mess from being penetrated.

I agree with Roatan Man. I have had success using the duct tape over a regular bandage. It won't keep it completely dry, and you have to make the duct tape go around the wound completely to help keep it on (make the ends stick together).

Post-diving wound care is essential. Any sign of infection, pus, redness, pain, or streaking around the wound is a sign to get to your doctor right away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom