almost died

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vayu:
"I don't have an octo, I have an air2."

hahahahahahaha.

I think ive missed the joke here somehow.

Sorry to chime in so late.

This also points to the dangers of being in close proximity to rope (aka line, guideline, anchor line, or whatever). I can't comment on anything else.

I dove a wreck in the keys, and found myself having to concentrate at the surface to not get entangled in the guideline from the back of the boat to the anchor line buoy. Quite scary in just 1 to 3 ft waves. Actually the line wrapped one full turn around one of my legs, and I immediately untangled myself, A definate potential ouch situation...at the surface...if it tightened up from the motion of the boat. It was a quite embarassing near miss, too. I guess moving along vertically was the way to go, as opposed to horizontally in a near face down position.

It just points out how dangerous a line can be when it goes slack (entanglement) or pulls tight (knocking out the reg or squeezing an entangled lim).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom