Almitywife, I saw the most beautiful show about parrots in Oz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It was on Nature last night and they had cockatoos, budgies and all kinds of other Aussie birds. They showed the Daintree and I'm yelling at my son "I was there!!! I was there!!!":multi:

I didn't know that budgies came from Oz. In fact, it wasn't until I saw all the cockatoos when I was there and you told me that they were Aussie birds, that I learned they didn't come from the Amazon. I thought most parrots came from Central or South America.

Some of those birds can be quite pesty in Oz too. Those poor farmers.

The palm cockatoos were my favorite. I love the way they say "Hello" and the males drum on the tree with sticks.
Here's a link.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/
Sure makes me want to come back

The budgie and I watched it together, too. The palm cockatoos were gorgeous.

some of the birds i see on my morning walk......
3008.07b.jpg

plus we have galahs (pink and grey ones) and swarms of cockatoos up the hill from where we live

maybe next time instead of dragging you out of bed at 6am for a dive, i'll drag you out for a walk to go see them :D

And now, I have a camera with a telephoto lens so I can get good photos of them. :D

Back
Top Bottom