Alladin Tec 2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The simple BT's have average depth now. The new version is called the "330m"
DIGITAL LOG 330M - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

That's the UK page, for some reason the US page has different specs (minus the average depth), I'm pretty sure they are both the same unit tho.

Does anyone use an Alladin Tec 2G? Any thoughts on how easy to use it is, and how useful the depth averaging function is?

I've been using a Suunto Vytec the last few years, as a computer iwhen teaching PADI stuff and in gauge mode otherwise. The depth sensor has given up the ghost, it's out of warranty and whilst it might get refurbished by Suunto I'm looking at other options.

I've never found UWATEC computers overly intuitive or user-friendly (probably because I never read the manual), so just curious as to what other people think of them.

Thanks.
Sounds familiar ... I got a Tec 2G because my Vytec died in exactly the same manner (bad depth readings).

I've only ever used my T2G in gauge mode, but I do like the resettable stopwatch feature for calling deco.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's the UK page, for some reason the US page has different specs (minus the average depth), I'm pretty sure they are both the same unit tho.

This is what I would recommend. The resetable clock is nice but not real necessary and easily replicated with a $50 Casio and you need a watch anyway.

Yep, average depth is on the US Imperial version as well, but as you'd expect with the Uwatec BTs, you can't reset the depth--it just goes from the start of your dive. I think a few guys around here moved to 2Gs in large part to get resettable depth averaging (and seconds on the timer).

I don't use dive computers. Rather, I use two bottom timers:

I use a T2G in gauge mode and got it soley for purposes of the resettable timer for deco stops and the average depth calc (which is handy for another way of calculating SAC rate - I use Avg. and Max depths and keep track of both). However, I think the screen/display really sucks (especially when out of water because of the scratch gaurd), recalling the information is a pain in the BUTT (so I keep a copy of the only few relevent "gauge mode" pages of the inst. guide in my logbook), sometimes it gets stuck in "dive mode" way after I exit the water when I'm trying to recall data and the numbers appear to be small. In retrospect, I really overpaid with the T2G only to use it as a BT.

The second one I use is the Uwatec BT. Oh the simplicity!!! The display is crystal clear above and below water. SUPER easy to recall data (really only Max depth and bottom time for the last 9 dives) and the battery supposedly lasts for years and years.

Re using the Casio as a stopwatch - I tried that but found that it was really difficult manipulating the buttons using gloves.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom