All work and some play!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Alex for sharing some of your experiences and your words of advice. I will be looking forward to those stories you are formulating while you are away from the internet access.

Most of all, I admire you for saying up front that there are some people taking the fun out of recreational diving by being overly insistent that there is only one way of doing something. I do not have, by any means, the many decades of experience (only one) that so many divers possess but one thing has always jumped out at me....that to some people...there is only one way - their way. It seems that to those people, that's their MO no matter what the subject matter. Of course, we all know that the first priority must be safety but with today's technology we have an array of options. And, as you implied, what's right for one person will not be the SOP for another in a different diving environment and/or situation. To restate a fact that has been proven since the beginning of time......diversity is the key too survival....and that's what I've found on this board - diversity. Individuals with varying diving backgrounds and skill levels who are willing to patiently share their knowledge to those that are not too proud to say ..."ahhhh - you know, I really need some help here". And...I'm also thankful for those that will speak up and say, "I totally disagree with that response.......and go on to explain their point of view. Of course, sometimes I have gotten tickled at the "my dog's bigger than your dog" an the "is too...is not....is too....is not." tone of some of the "discussions"... but as you've no doubt discovered, eventually it all settles and the truth floats to the top.

We all need a dependable buddy. Thanks to the board, we have many such dependable buddies who can give us the information we require so that we can relate that info to our own situations to make educated choices as to what is appropriate for our individual diving needs.

I'm very thankful to have found this additional source of information. Glad you joined the forum - educational recreation and association. Looking forward to some of your "a funny thing happenned on the way to the forum" tales.

Alex great to haave you here. How fortunate you are to have a job and that you can enjoy at different levels. I look forward to your toreading some of stories nand adventures. :jester: jfo56

Welcome, and I too look forward to reading some of your stories! Seems very interesting. I wonder what effect does the job have on your body anyway?
Ranz

Back
Top Bottom