All-Inclusives in Belize (near diving)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir,
thanks for the link.
beautiful resort.

with the dive package, are they saying just two boat dives a day?
can you blow two tanks in the morning and then do a third one in the afternoon?
thanks,

When I was there, this was the dive schedule:

Saturday - transfer day with most guests leaving or coming. No diving.

Sunday - 2 dives: checkout dive in the morning followed by an afternoon dive

Monday - 2 dives: both in the morning

Tuesday - 3 dives: first the Blue Hole, then an SI on Half Moon Caye followed by a second dive in the area, then picnic on Half Moon Caye, then an afternoon dive on the way back to TIR

Wednesday - 3 dives: two in the morning, one in the afternoon

Thursday - 3 dives: two in the morning, one in the afternoon with an "optional" night dive but if you elected to do the night dive you were required to skip one of the day dives, which for most of the night diving folks, me included, was the afternoon dive (weird but them's the rules)

Friday - 2 dives: both in the morning

Except for the Blue Hole trip, all surface intervals are done on the island. All dives really are 10 minutes away at most and some, like The Front Porch, are more like three minutes away.

I was there for two weeks, so I got well acquainted with the dive schedule.

Tranquility Bay Resort can give you great pristine diving right in front of the resort! We also have a great restaurant on site and are constantly having good reviews on the food. We are trying to become more dive orientated, but right now we don't have crowds of divers coming. This means that you often are diving alone with the tour guide or just a couple of other divers!

Carlos

Since I first posted I have stayed and dived at Tranquility, and can confirm that it's well equipped and has excellent diving nearby. I was teaching a basic course so I didn't get to explore the deeper diving, but since that stay I have dived just a couple of miles south on the reef - well within normal diving distances from Tranquility - and there were some most unusual and spectacular rock formations underwater on a bottom of around 80ft. I think you could dive for a week from Tranquility and never get bored. The food is indeed excellent and there's wifi there, but don't go there if you need nightlife - it's pretty remote and by 10pm most people are in bed.

I haven't asked, but I imagine you could fit three dives into a morning there, as with such early nights you can be up "at sparrow fart" (as a girl friend of mine used to say so poetically) and out on your first dive before most people in town are up. Diving early in the morning is different from diving at dusk, but just as interesting and quite different from regular daytime diving.

Stayed at Ramon's Village in Jan-Feb of 2007. Extremely convenient location. About 1 block from the airport, right on the beach, and basically on the edge of town (?). Loved all the great restaurant choices on Ambergris and from Ramon's you could just walk down the beach past many restaurants. The dive shop and personnel were great, the resort and personnel were great, the proximity was great, the breakfast was great. The only downsides I experienced was the food in the restaurant at night and some of the rooms were loud. I was in cabana #13 and at time I thought the road traffic was going right through my room. All that said, I'd stay there again, and believe it or not, in the same cabana. I got used to the noise which curtailed sharply after about 10pm, and from the room it was a 45 second walk to the dive shop and my gear, a 10 second walk to the bar and ice, and it was a large corner room. The food, btw, was quite expensive at the restaurant, and though you could stay all inclusive there (I think? Our breakfasts, and some of our night meals were included), I wouldn't, simply because of the many great places to eat in town. As a matter of fact, I only ate one of the included suppers. Some of the food was hit and miss, though some was really great. And, if I recall, drinks and food were expensive. For instance, they had a seafood chowder that I ate for lunch several times. Truly excellent, but $5 or more for a bowl. All in all, a great place, expensive, but I'd stay there again. Can't remember the name of the DM I had all week, or the guys on the boat, who were young and friendly dudes, anyhow, they were excellent. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the dive sites were mostly spur and groove? I'd never done that kind of diving, so I really enjoyed it. Grouper every dive. Sharks every dive, and the 2nd dive of the vacation, we had a pod of 7 dolphins show up and play with us for about 10 to 15 minutes. Btw, the people on the island were very nice, and while we were there, they had some kind of an election going on, and there was also carnival or something like it. One night, there were groups of men dressed like women who went up and down the streets, stopping along the way to sing songs and dance. This alone made the trip worthwhile. They were hilarious. I think it was some kind of men's club that was doing the performance. Oh, and part of the festivities was throwing eggs at people. (?) It was a complete blast.
-Blair

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom