All Inclusive Cozumel Hotels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scorpionfish once bubbled...

We ate numerous meals at La Cocay--just across from Corpus Cristo church--and they were some of the best we have ever had on Coz. Note, however, that with wine, dessert, coffee and tip, that the bill came to ca. $US 30 per head. Also, no credit cards are accepted. However, the food was fantastic! We especially liked the pork loin and the chocolate pyramid dessert.

One more restaurant that I like to mention in my posts is Guido's. The Calzone is super AND do not miss their "bread". It is a freshly "baked" unleavened circle of bread that is brimming with butter and garlic. It could be the best $3 you will spend on Coz!

I know people who go back to Cozumel because of these two restaurants. We just got back from Cayman Brac and the number one comment was: "If it only had the restaurants of Cozumel!"

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...

I know people who go back to Cozumel because of these two restaurants. We just got back from Cayman Brac and the number one comment was: "If it only had the restaurants of Cozumel!"

Hi, Tim!

Yes, The Captain's Table, while decent, does not quite meet the standard set by La Cocay, Guido's or even The French Quarter. Glad to hear that others like those places because I cannot afford to keep them in business single-handedly!

Continuing in the restaurant vein, if I may, I would like to add that we have, over the years, tried many, many of the Mexican restaurants on Coz and have found a number that we like. One that gets bypassed in many guides and references is La Parilla. It is off the beaten path a little (10th) and rather simply decorated. However, the food is wholesome, well-prepared and served by a very friendly staff. Note, though, it has a fairly limited menu compared to, say, La Mission or La Choza. However, what they do serve is on a par in quality. I tend to favor the fajitas---

Scorpionfish

NAUI Instructor Trainer, Owner of Northern Ohio Divers
WWW.NORTHERNOHIODIVING.COM

My Wife and I stayed at the Allegro Resort for a week in October 2002. I have never stayed at an All Inclusive in Cozumel prior to this vacation.

I was extremely pleased with the accomodations The resort was well kept and pleasing to the eye. Dive Palancar (the resident Dive Operation) was the most professional I have seen on Cozumel. I've been with several. The food was very tasty and well presented. The only comment I had was about having to wear long pants to eat in the Italian & Mexican restaurants. I see no reason to dress up on vacation. The diving was great as always. 5 minute rides to the reefs instead of the 45 minutes rides with the downtown groups. I would definitely go back again, and probably will in 2003.

Wife and I stay at Scuba Club when we go to Cozumel. We considered other resorts, but keep remembering how nice everyone is at Scuba Club and keep returning there. It is now like a second home to us because we know everyone and they know us and we know what to expect. I guess it comes down to what you are comfortable with and you should know where ever you stay you are in for some world class diving and that`s what it`s all about

Mapman,
I have been looking at Scuba Club for a March trip, how is the shore dive there, it is hard to tell from there web site. Hhow is their dive operation?

Thanks,
mike

:mean:
I have only stayed at the Fiesta Am. in Coz and they have fair shore diving. Everyone in Rodale's Mag ravs about Scuba Club, I'm certain its good. By the way The F.A. has a giant sea food ravioli on their lunch menu that is to die for.
:froggy:

Back
Top Bottom