Aldora Special Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Many of you may know that Aldora has been exploring northern and east side sites for several years. WE have decided to focus more energy on the spectacular sites seldom seen by anyone and some places will be the first time ever. Not completely lightheartedly, we are calling this effort Special Operations.

In that effort, today we launched a new boat. Formerly a government patrol boat it is as sturdy and as sea worthy as we can make it. Called Aldora VI it is much larger than our other boats and will be comfortable in almost any sea condition.

As of 2 PM it floats and both 150 hp engines are running. We expect to begin service with it next week after we break it in.

aldora VI a.jpg

Is it larger than Felicity?

Congratulations Dave and Memo!!! She is a beauty!

Congratulations Dave. I really enjoyed my last Aldora Adventure trip and look forward to more adventures on the new vessel.

No, it is not larger than Falicity, which we built to take divers out when the port is partially closed. But Falicity has only one engine, albeit a strong Cummins Diesel, yet we do not feel safe going on serious adventures with only on engine…no matter how reliable. This new boat has double or triple redundancy in most all systems, bottom reading sonar, and everything we can imagine to provide safety and RESULTS for true adventures.

With other things this will really be "Special Ops".

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

Many of you may know that Aldora has been exploring northern and east side sites for several years. WE have decided to focus more energy on the spectacular sites seldom seen by anyone and some places will be the first time ever. Not completely lightheartedly, we are calling this effort Special Operations.

In that effort, today we launched a new boat. Formerly a government patrol boat it is as sturdy and as sea worthy as we can make it. Called Aldora VI it is much larger than our other boats and will be comfortable in almost any sea condition.

As of 2 PM it floats and both 150 hp engines are running. We expect to begin service with it next week after we break it in.

View attachment 206651

That sling boat launcher is something to see in operation. We watch it from the swimming pool at Blue Angel next door.

Sounds great! I think you'll have to order some cool black "Aldora Special Ops" t-shirts. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear divingjd,

Check out this shirt on the back of Memo! Its in Spanish but not too hard to read.

Special ops.jpg

Last edited:
Even better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom