Aldora Experience....wow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi! We're headed to Cozumel for the first time on Feb 8th and deciding between a few dive shops, Aldora being one of them. Does anyone know if they leave directly from their shop? We know we are within walking distance (staying at Casa Mexicana), but weren't quite sure if they then had divers go to a pier for pickup. Thanks in advance!
We will be there on Feb 8th also, staying at Casa Mexicana, and diving with Aldora. We have been there many times. They pick up at the pier just north of the hotel, an easy short walk. Look forward to meeting you!

We dive with Aldora and stay at Casa Mexicana. If you get to breakfast at about 6:50, they will have coffee and the fruit bar set up. I usually have the first cup and some fruit while they get the rest of the buffet out. We try to leave by 7:20 for the 5 minute slow walk to the Aldora Pier for pick up. There is plenty of time for breakfast so no need to rush.

Aldora has several boats, I think 6, so while there may be a mixed boat of Nitrox/air divers, the boats are usually separated by skill level. I don't remember any air divers on our last few trips other than the first day check out dives.

Say hi to Memo, Jorge, Mauricio, and Shariff for me!!

Jay

We will be there on Feb 8th also, staying at Casa Mexicana, and diving with Aldora. We have been there many times. They pick up at the pier just north of the hotel, an easy short walk. Look forward to meeting you!
Yay! Thanks for the info and see you next week. :)

We dive with Aldora and stay at Casa Mexicana. If you get to breakfast at about 6:50, they will have coffee and the fruit bar set up. I usually have the first cup and some fruit while they get the rest of the buffet out. We try to leave by 7:20 for the 5 minute slow walk to the Aldora Pier for pick up. There is plenty of time for breakfast so no need to rush.

Aldora has several boats, I think 6, so while there may be a mixed boat of Nitrox/air divers, the boats are usually separated by skill level. I don't remember any air divers on our last few trips other than the first day check out dives.

Say hi to Memo, Jorge, Mauricio, and Shariff for me!!

Jay
Thanks for the info--looking forward to it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom