Alaska Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decompression

Instructor...seriously...
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
i couldn’t find much that’s current, will be on a cruise next August with stops in Sitka, Juneau and Ketchican......any shops running in those spots?

You might also check out the Alaska Scuba Divers group on facebook

i couldn’t find much that’s current, will be on a cruise next August with stops in Sitka, Juneau and Ketchican......any shops running in those spots?

Please let us know what you find. I have a similar itinerary coming up. I was not able to find anything with google.

In Victoria I see there is shore diving right next to the cruise terminal. Do you know anything about it (I see you are from Victoria)?

Please let us know what you find. I have a similar itinerary coming up. I was not able to find anything with google.

In Victoria I see there is shore diving right next to the cruise terminal. Do you know anything about it (I see you are from Victoria)?

I got a shop to contact in Ketchikan and sent an email, just waiting on a reply. I’ll let you know.

Yes there is an awesome site, 5 sites actually, within a hundred feet of the terminal. There was a scuba shop right there as well but it’s been gone for a few years. The best and closest shop is Frank Whites, full service gear, rentals and training. Also some of the best instructors around (yes, me).

Drysuit recommended and a bit of a walk to the furthest site (3/4 mile). But absolutely tons of life, wolf eels, giant octopus, ling cod, seals, schooling fish, crabs etc. basically you walk along the breakwater and the sites are numbered 1-5, 5 being the furthest towards the lighthouse. Max depths about 80-90’ depends on tide and gets shallower towards shore. Lots of videos on YouTube. Let me know when you’re arriving I might be able to give you a tour.

I’ve dove the Ogden Point breakwater many times, it’s my favorite shore dive. Easy access, tons of life, usually something to salvage, and handy cafe to decompress in. Was even better with Erin’s old dive shop there, but still great. It’s a LOT more fun with a wheelbarrow or dolly even if you have to rent one; the best spot is about half way out and that’s a long slog with tanks and weights.

I got a shop to contact in Ketchikan and sent an email, just waiting on a reply. I’ll let you know.

Yes there is an awesome site, 5 sites actually, within a hundred feet of the terminal. There was a scuba shop right there as well but it’s been gone for a few years. The best and closest shop is Frank Whites, full service gear, rentals and training. Also some of the best instructors around (yes, me).

Drysuit recommended and a bit of a walk to the furthest site (3/4 mile). But absolutely tons of life, wolf eels, giant octopus, ling cod, seals, schooling fish, crabs etc. basically you walk along the breakwater and the sites are numbered 1-5, 5 being the furthest towards the lighthouse. Max depths about 80-90’ depends on tide and gets shallower towards shore. Lots of videos on YouTube. Let me know when you’re arriving I might be able to give you a tour.

thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom