Alabama Rig Diving 8/15/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove three Gas/Oil Rigs off the coast of south Alabama - Fort Morgan side of Gulf Shores. We started about 7 miles off shore for the first rig. We saw a lot of little AJs but nothing worth shooting. We then went for the next rig 9 miles off waiting to see what was going to happen with the weather. It started off overcast and looked like it may get bad quick. The second dive was my 100th dive, so it was very special to all four divers on the boat. The current was horrible and we didn't get any fish AGAIN. My dad was giving us a hard time before we left the dock about bring back fish, so the pressure was on. The last dive was 15 miles off shore, which means that our dive profile was backwards but everyone had computers and I (with 100 dives) was the rookie on the boat. The vis was the best of the day. I got a lot of practice shots in but nothing to take home to Dad. We were thinking about stopping by the fish market before we got back to the dock, so he wouldn't give us a hard time but decided that we would lie instead. We created this big story about stopping to refill the boat and a large family with lots of children was there and they were very hungry, so we gave them the fish. Needless to say, I am no better lying to my parents today than I was in high school (a long time ago). The story did not work... so .... we MUST go diving again this weekend to redeem ourselves. It's always fun... the fish are the bonus.

Congrats on #100 :D

Thanks for the report also, sounds like a good time regardless of not pulling any fish in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom