Alabama Blue Water Anyone? 7/22/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chefchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My birthday is Monday and I would love to go diving! I don't really need to be spending the money, all of it has been going towards scuba gear. But, it's my birthday. All I have is a wetsuit and the essentials (mask, fins, etc.) My girlfriend's got wetsuit & BC. So we'll be renting stuff.

Anyone wanna dive with some newbs?

:D

Dang! If it weren't this week, I would totally go! Have an awesome time!

ETA: I'm flying to Missouri and hence will be out of $$ for the time being.

chefchris:
My birthday is Monday and I would love to go diving! I don't really need to be spending the money, all of it has been going towards scuba gear. But, it's my birthday. All I have is a wetsuit and the essentials (mask, fins, etc.) My girlfriend's got wetsuit & BC. So we'll be renting stuff.

Anyone wanna dive with some newbs?

:D
I am a newbie too, and I live pretty close to Blue Water Park. What time are you going? I might be able to slip out of work a little early (like 4-ish). If not this time, maybe next time. I've been trying to hook up with some other new divers, and get in some practice out there.

Beth

bcrab63:
I am a newbie too, and I live pretty close to Blue Water Park. What time are you going? I might be able to slip out of work a little early (like 4-ish). If not this time, maybe next time. I've been trying to hook up with some other new divers, and get in some practice out there.

Beth

wow, you must have just typed this when I logged off this morning before leaving. Sorry I missed it.

We got two dives in. First we swam over to the school bus at about 70'. Man was it cold. :shakehead Then swam over to the sail boat, then explored the wall passing the bus again and headed towards the culverts. 20 minute dive.

Sat out for a while and decided to stay a little more shallow on the next dive. Some lady gave us some hot dogs and we played with the brim for a while and explored to the right side of the platform. There were boats, fire trucks, cars, a turtle and two very large catfish. Max depth on that dive was 45' and was an exact 60 minute dive.

This trip tought me that I don't want a LP Alum 77. :wink:

philmottrek99and02:
Care to explain this please? Did you dive the steel tanks?
Howard

Just too small of a tank (size wise) and they would only fill it to 2800. It was aluminum.

I think near the first of next month, I'm (maybe Frank too) will be going to ABWA or we might head to the Orange Beach area. Not sure which we will go to but, I'll post if we go to ABWA.

Michael

mwhities:
I think near the first of next month, I'm (maybe Frank too) will be going to ABWA or we might head to the Orange Beach area. Not sure which we will go to but, I'll post if we go to ABWA.

Michael

.... hope that ear of his clears up.

Yeah, me too. I think he said it's doing better. I still have a cough/a little congestion. I may run up to the doctor's office this week and see if they can knock it out completely for me.

Do you think you might be able to make next month if we can get over that way?

Michael

mwhities:
Yeah, me too. I think he said it's doing better. I still have a cough/a little congestion. I may run up to the doctor's office this week and see if they can knock it out completely for me.

Do you think you might be able to make next month if we can get over that way?

Michael

should be able to, depending on the date. We have shows the weekend of the 10th in the Jackson area, so I won't be able to that weekend. Other than that I should be good to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom