AL Conshelf SE plastic 2nd stage cracks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I now have two AL Conshelf SE 2nd stages that have cracked where the hose is connecte. I have already replaced the body another one for the same reason about a year ago.

The replacement looks a little different than the original. I am hoping it would hold up better that the original design.

Is it worth replacing the bodies on the other 2? It only costs about 18 dollars each. I was thinking an alternative would be to buy used Conshelf 14s with metal bodies instead.

Any thoughts?

I think its safe to say that most folks on this sub-forum love their metal 2nds as opposed to plastic fantastics :D Personally, I've shifted all my 2nds to Conshelf 14s on my twin tank set-up and pony. I've started an affair with the Voit Swimaster 2nds now and plan to use those smaller 2nds for my double-hose rigs.

I note that you're in the Philippines. I recently asked Carol in Nautilus if they still had 14s for sale, but alas, they ran out. If you ever find a local source, drop me a line? :D

Hi Doc,

I got my conshelf 14s from Ebay. I also recently got a SP109/MK5 through ebay. Sometimes we get lucky and manage to win a bid on a good deal.

I am leaning towards monitoring ebay or the classifieds on SB for some Conshelf 14s. I have two more Conshelf 1st stages looking for a 2nd stage to be paired up with.

Do you DIY on the Double hose? Was wondering if anyone in Manila even carries parts much less services double hoses.

Yeah, I get some of my single-hose stuff from eBay as well. Now for DH stuff, its mostly VDH.

And yes, I DIY my DHs. I've got enough spare parts to rebuild another one from the ground up if need be (silicone hoses, mouthpieces, hose clamps, band clamps,cages, valves, duckbills, diaphragms) as well as some old parts (2 extra 1st stages from some DAs) as well as 2nd stages (replaced by the new HPRs). Shoot me a PM if you're looking for a part.

Any of the US Divers metal second stages (Conshelf, Calypso, Aquarius) with the large exhalation valve would work fine. The only difference between them is the sticker on the purge button. They all use the same parts as the plastic seconds.

I definitely prefer the metal seconds. Plastic ones give me dry mouth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom