Akumal Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report Swarth! We've been staying at Vista del Mar since 2000 and always love it. Great condos and a good price compared to others. Lupe and Jose are good DM's and we always enjoy the dives with them. They know us quite well already and pretty much let us do what we want. I much prefer Akumal Dive Adventures' style and attitude over the other shops in Akumal. They are laid back, friendly and knowledgable and let you dive your tank and computer instead of worrying about what time it is. I always come back from Akumal feeling relaxed and re-energized.

(FYI, we've been at different times of the year and Dec is our fav. The water is a bit rougher and cooler, but there are more fish then in the spring or summer. And there's few tourists between Thanksgiving & Xmas week.)

I don't even want to think about what time you got up to get to Chichen Itza by 9am!

I don't think I can wait until Dec 9th to get back to the Roo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom