Akumal Hotel Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife any I will be staying in Akumal for 8 nights in the middle of March. For the most part, we have decided to stay at Akumal Beach Resort. We have gotten some price quotes from locogringo.com, but we are unable to compare them to any other pricing besides Orbitz. I know there are some loyal guests of the resort on this board, and I wondered how they booked their stay there.

Any other helpful advice or links on staying in Akumal is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My wife any I will be staying in Akumal for 8 nights in the middle of March. For the most part, we have decided to stay at Akumal Beach Resort. We have gotten some price quotes from locogringo.com, but we are unable to compare them to any other pricing besides Orbitz. I know there are some loyal guests of the resort on this board, and I wondered how they booked their stay there.

Any other helpful advice or links on staying in Akumal is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I've never stayed at the resort, but I have booked through locogringo many times, their pricing is always very competitive and the service great, can't go wrong with them.

I go to Akumal but I stay in a condo.

I have heard people mention Hotels.com for booking there, but other then that, it's pretty much tour operators selling packages (like Apple Vacations). LocoGringo has a large number of members on their board who are almost cult like about the place and they always indicate that LG is the best for getting rates and availability if you aren't going with a tour operator for the air/hotel package.

If you are staying at ABR and plan to dive, use Akumal Dive Center just down the beach a little north of the resort. More reliable and a better operation then the on-site. The on-site (Venta Divers?) will send guests to the Dive Center when they dont have boats going out.

I guess that have joined a cult! We have used LG several times without a problem. We always get a condo on Half Moon Bay.

Also when we looked at the costs of the transfers for the two of us from CUN on our 4 day stay it was just a bit more expensive to rent a car. On an eight day stay, how much of the coast do you think you want to explore and how often will you go into Playa del Carmen? Not much, or uncomfortable driving in Mexico, take the transfer.

I guess that have joined a cult! We have used LG several times without a problem. We always get a condo on Half Moon Bay.

Nah, you stay in a condo. The reference was to the many LG's who get almost cult like about flocking to the ABR... on mass... often.... and never going anywhere else. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom