Akuana Hummingbird 2 thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ean86

Registered
Reaction score
I've been diving a backplate and wing setup for a few years now. I really enjoy how simple it is - kind of a set it and forget it setup for the way I dive. I am looking at getting into side mount and I just started to look at some of the equipment to get an idea of what options might be out there. In my exploration I came across the Akuana Hummingbird 2.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the Akuana Hummingbird 2? I haven't found many reviews online, nothing on scubaboard and only a few youtube videos from the manufacturer.

Never even heard of it. What makes you interested in it?

Never even heard of it. What makes you interested in it?

Again - I've just been looking at the harness/wing options that I would have if I take my classes and start to dive SM. It seems like a very clean, simple yet purposeful setup. I like how it just seems to have what you need and not a lot of extras on it. All of that being said I have never dove sidemount but with my current backplate and wing reminds me a lot of how I would imaging setting up a SM rig. I know there are some SM harness/wing setups which are minimalistic but they seemed to have more bulk to them than this one has. I could be completely off base with all of this but I was surprised to not see a lot of information out there on this particular setup.

If there are few reviews, I’d stay away from it. Mainstream minimalist rigs like the XDeep and Razor are something to look at. It also depends on where you’re diving and with which tanks. I dive in the Great Lakes region with steel tanks and a drysuit with heavy undies. Much different than MX caves with AL80s.

Hi
This is a Chinese brand offering the whole range of equipment (reg, dry suit,...)
Quite good copies.
If you dive al80, this wing is fine.

If there are few reviews, I’d stay away from it. Mainstream minimalist rigs like the XDeep and Razor are something to look at. It also depends on where you’re diving and with which tanks. I dive in the Great Lakes region with steel tanks and a drysuit with heavy undies. Much different than MX caves with AL80s.

Wisconsin - lakes and quarries. I only dive with my drysuit. HP100 steel tank. I have heard of and looked at both of those. I also was looking at Hollis Katana 2.

Hi
This is a Chinese brand offering the whole range of equipment (reg, dry suit,...)
Quite good copies.
If you dive al80, this wing is fine.

I was starting to wonder if that was the case. I did see all kinds of items on their site and wondered why I had never heard of this brand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom