airport hotel for overnighting in Taipei?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looks as if we will have to overnight in Taipei on our way to Bali- maybe it will be fun..?

It's only for 12 hours so we don't want to stray too far from the airport- does anyone have any advice for a good hotel choice?

Thanks so much!
Pamela

wow, no responses yet... OK, I'm not an expert on Taipei but I'll try to help.

There are I believe two transit hotels in/ at the Airport, CKS Airport Hotel and Evergreen Transit Airport. I don't know the quality or service of these hotels but I presume would suffice if you have a layover and you don't want the inconvenience of going into Taipei. The traffic going in and out of central Taipei City to the airport can get bad sometimes. If you prefer a 5 star hotel in the city, I might suggest the Grand Hyatt which is adjacent to the Taipei 101 buidling. There is a huge modern shopping mall there as well with convenient restaurants, etc, all within short walking distance.

If you choose go into Taipei City, there is a wide range (budget-wise) of hotels. Maybe take a look at tripadvisor.com or travel.yahoo.com for reviews.

Thank you Pakman!

Maybe it will be easiest to stay in the airport at the Evergreen, we really only need a place to stretch out and sleep!

Pamela

Agree with Pakman.
The CKS airport to Taipei city will be a terrible experience to you. (maybe 2 hrs in rush hour AM8-10, PM5-7)
We don't have airport express like Hongkong airport, so try to find some place near CKS is the best ideal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom