Airlines to Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much for the helpful comments. My first liveaboard and first trip to Raja! We've been planning this trip for over a year.
No stop in Bali for a visit? :(

Batik are usually less tight on carry on than Lion Air, worse being Wings. Anyway it will all depends on ground staff, if the manager is around or not. Usually playing the dumb card with the smile helps you to get away with a few kg overweight. Sometime i carry more than 25kg on carry on split on 2 or 3 bags, sometime cannot take more than 7kg as stipulated in conditions of carriage. Just be ready to pay for the extra and do not overstress, that is Indonesia, there is a solution to every problem :wink:

Batik are usually less tight on carry on than Lion Air, worse being Wings. Anyway it will all depends on ground staff, if the manager is around or not. Usually playing the dumb card with the smile helps you to get away with a few kg overweight. Sometime i carry more than 25kg on carry on split on 2 or 3 bags, sometime cannot take more than 7kg as stipulated in conditions of carriage. Just be ready to pay for the extra and do not overstress, that is Indonesia, there is a solution to every problem :wink:

Experience has been if you mark one as sports goods, all will go through over weight and it's fine.. Not sure why that is the case.. probably a system thing that allows them to do it.. What do you all think?

Experience has been if you mark one as sports goods, all will go through over weight and it's fine.. Not sure why that is the case.. probably a system thing that allows them to do it.. What do you all think?

How should we mark them please? I like this. :)

Lion Air did not accept that, sigh. Not that I'll be flying them again in any event

Lion Air did not accept that, sigh. Not that I'll be flying them again in any event

Yep, even though Batik is a subsidiary of Lion Air, they have different policy when it comes to luggage.

A couple months ago I led a group of 13 to Ring of Fire, Maumere-Ambon crossing with Blue Manta. On our way back from Ambon to Denpasar, 6 of us were on Batik Air and 4 others were on Lion Air (the remaining 3 were on other airlines). The Batik Air flight got cancelled and 6 of us had to join the other 4 on Lion Air. Those in Batik did not pay our luggage (I had 20kg check-in luggage, 10kg backpack and another 10kg carryon roller hard case), while those in Lion Air had to pay as much as Rp.2 millions ($140).

So, stick with Batik Air, if Garuda is not available or way too expensive. Another option is NAM / Sriwijaya Air, if they are available.

Back
Top Bottom