AirJamaica???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick:
Ok Just booked on AirJamaica to get to Curacao...Any horror stories..love stories???

Been to Curacao three time in past 3 year with AirJamaica. No major problems. Some delays thru Montego Bay layovers due to hurricanes elsewhere in Carribbean. On our 2005 trip, we were told that our flight was changed because of a conflict in connecting flights. We were supposed to end in Philadelphia but new flight was to take us to Newark. The AJ rep @ Curacao was very helpful getting our limo to get to proper airport. It was no easy feat since they had to relay the phone call thru their reps in Miami to get our limo company in Princeton NJ. The rep made about 45 minutes of phone calls but all worked out in the end. Not sure about luggage weight since this August will be our first trip back with our own equipment. Good luck, have a great trip.:14:

I flew AJ NYC to Barbados late Aug '01. Was in Barbados on sep 11. AJ was very helpful providing updates while in Barbados waiting to find out if we could return to the US let alone NYC. We ended up flying back into NYC about a week after 9/11. They were much more cooperative and helpful in looking into alternatives to flying into NYC. This was esp apparent when American Airlines (we had connections on AA) would not even entertain the idea of us deviating from our original flights. I have nothing but warm and fuzzy feelings for AJ in how they delt with us during a very stressful and frightening time.

I have flown to Jamaica many times on Air Jamaica. I feel like I am on vacation the moment I get on the plane. It is definitely my preferred airline in the Caribbean

Flew on Air Jamaica a few times. The vacation starts the moment you board the plane: they offer complimentary champagne and mimosas. Meals are good too.
Enjoy your vacation.

CheddarChick:
Ok Just booked on AirJamaica to get to Curacao...Any horror stories..love stories???
How are they on weight limits???
Flew them to Bonaire in Oct. Going down was not bad but coming back was really bad. We sat hours in the plane in Jamaica while they off loaded all bags because of WEIGHT Limits. Needless to say our dive gear made it back to Atlanta a day late, Had some T-shirts packed in the bags and they had gotton oil or someting all over them. Won't fly them again :no

I wish there were more choices to from the midwest to Curacao.....Ah well life is an adventure, take the high road.....

LOL there is more to see now Doc!!!

CheddarChick:
I wish there were more choices to from the midwest to Curacao.....Ah well life is an adventure, take the high road.....

LOL there is more to see now Doc!!!
I'm sure there now is more to see. Wait till you dive. Remember the old days when you had to wear contacts and dive. Lets me know how the trip goes and the diving etc... To bad you could not pull Roatan with us the end of May

I few air Jamica a few years ago and it had all the charm of a city bus. Got to Jamica just fine, but I would probably try to find an airline with better amenities.

Doc I can't wait...I am amazed everyday by the difference...
And my hubby real digs those cool bedtime goggles...
Yikes what a fashion statement!

Ahh Rotan right after Curacao....Only a month break...Let's check those lottery tickets....

Yeah not gonna happen....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom