airfare to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good tips on the Cancun to Coz trip. I will keep all that in mind. I especially like the part about stopping at the playa and having a welcome cerveza(s).

sharkman
:guitar:

Right now Apple Vacations had RT Denver to Coz air only for $300 ( Nov 28, Dec 5,12) for 7 nights! No catch. And that is direct to Coz with no stop in Cancun.

I will avoid flying from Cancun to Cozumel from now on. Not only will they charge for the weight they will add an additional $20.00 charge for checking two pieces of luggage. They will charge that again on the return trip. Plus, there is a handling tax charge. Some of those in my dive group that travelled last July with me were charged and some not. It depended on which ticket agent checked you in. Another diver checked in right next to me, we both had exactly the same gear bag and one suitcase. I was fined the 20 she wasn't. As a matter of fact on the return back I was the only person out of the 27 of us that was charged. I had no different luggage than the rest. Just must have looked like a rich Americano I guess. I was ripped off in my opinion by these guys at the ticket counter. There is absolutely no way to fight it you just have to suck it up and pay.

seaangel once bubbled...
I will avoid flying from Cancun to Cozumel from now on. ...they charge for the weight... add an additional $20.00 charge for checking two pieces of luggage.... charge that again on the return trip...{p}lus a handling tax charge... {s}ome were charged and some not.

Hi, Seaangel (and others reading this thread)!

Earlier in this thread I warned about Cancun and the wt. charges! I have heard this kind of story before and it makes me see red. At any rate, I have done both the ferry route and the non-stop to Coz route and either is better than the Cancun-Cozumel air route.

That said, I encourage all to look into the non-stop from Houston to Cozumel. If you factor in the taxi from Cancun A/P to the ferry, the non-stop is very cost competitive--not to mention the lack of hassle of hauling your gear to the ferry.

Thanks, again, seaangel for the post-Halloween horror story: that is the kind of tale that really helps folks plan a much more pleasant trip!

Scorpionfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom