Airfare to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s one crazy (mistake?) fare from EWR. I could take Delta from ATL to EWR and it would still be far less than Delta’s nonstop ATL-BON.

I wonder if they are having trouble filling the planes. American has some low prices out of miami but its more than double the price if you fly Sat to Sat.
upload_2019-1-12_13-57-27.png

I wonder if they are having trouble filling the planes. American has some low prices out of miami but its more than double the price if you fly Sat to Sat.
View attachment 498766

Where did you find that graph? Looks like a good piece of information for planning.

Where did you find that graph? Looks like a good piece of information for planning.

Its from google flights it is the price graph option you can select the number of days and scroll through the graph. The only major airline that is unavailable is southwest.
upload_2019-1-13_12-35-5.png

I just suck up the airfare. My apartment, truck, unlimited air, and the diving freedom are cheap so I splurge on the fare. I'm lucky in that I travel solo. If I had to pay airfare for 2 or more it would quickly become prohibitive.

I'm currently doing one way Delta to Bonaire (7+ hours, 1 stop), Bonaire to Aruba on Aruba Airlines (nonstop), staying on Aruba a few days (go through customs there), and then Southwest to Albany (7+ hours, 1 stop). I will never book with United again due to cancelling my route and sending me through Newark to Huston to Chicago to Washington DC to Bonaire (from Albany NY), changing my return flight to require an ovcernight in Newark, and other idiotic re-routes through Huston several other times.

I'm also going to try flying to Ft. Lauderdale and driving to Key Largo. Non-stop round trip from Albany is under $200. The accomodations and diving will be more expensive but I think a week will be comparable or less than what I spend on a Bonaire trip. Videos look like there are tons of fish and that's what I like to look at. Being a non-stop flight and no customs might make this my go to trip.
Kharon--We have made the Ft Lauderdale-->Key Largo trip quite a few times. Pretty easy. Just watch out for the rush hour (particularly when going north on the return) as the thruways can get unbearably congested. As to accommodations, if you are willing to stay in places more out of the 1950's you can find something quaint for much less than typical hotel prices. HERE and HERE are examples; there are others. Most in which we have stayed are on the west shore of Key Largo. Most important, to us anyway, is the fact that the older places have shade provided by real trees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom