Airfare price question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm starting to look at airfare from AZ to Belize City. The best price right now is about $680 from Phoenix. Flights from Tucson aren't much more price wise, but flight durations are ridiculous.

My question is, what is a good price to Belize? I understand that prices can fluctuate wildly between now and April, but I'm wondering what a good price range to hope for is.

---------- Post Merged on July 15th, 2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 14th, 2012 at 10:24 PM ----------

That search was through bing. Yesterday through Expedia the cheapest was $780

Try Kayak, I came up with $677 from United through Houston, ~6hr. to Belize City, 7 hr. return

But the question is, is that a good price to Belize, or is it on the high side.

We actually were considering driving down to Tucson as for some reason there are a few better connections than Phoenix - depending on the day/month you travel.

The best deal I've seen lately is $453 on AA thru DFW - 7+ hrs. out, 8+ hrs. back, Sun. 6AM departure in Sept.
And another that's 5:45 out, 10h+ back. for the same price. But a really short connection time outbound.
There's also a $512 United flight thru IAH that's just over 6hrs. each way.

Here's the details: Capture.jpg

Start here: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ - do a See Calendar of Lowest Fares and enter the month you think you want to go. Then click on duration and drag the slider down to the longest you time you want to travel. And # of connections although most should be one. You can't buy anything from this site as it's just a database all the airlines get their fares from.

Southwest isn't in their database so you might look at SW to Dallas then someone else from Dallas to BZE also to see if you can put together something cheaper. Once I could (not to Belize) - usually I couldn't get there early enough to make it work. SW flies into Houston Hobby so unless you want to take an hour cab ride between airports, that won't work for IAH.

Last edited:
Good to know. We're going for a lob, so not real flexible on the dates.

Southwest doesn't fly into DFW either, only Love Field due to our "Wright Amendment" in Texas. Southwest will begin flying international from Houston Hobby starting, I believe in 2014. That will be great.

---------- Post Merged at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:04 AM ----------

I'm starting to look at airfare from AZ to Belize City. The best price right now is about $680 from Phoenix. Flights from Tucson aren't much more price wise, but flight durations are ridiculous.

My question is, what is a good price to Belize? I understand that prices can fluctuate wildly between now and April, but I'm wondering what a good price range to hope for is.

---------- Post Merged on July 15th, 2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 14th, 2012 at 10:24 PM ----------

Not bad I would say in this day & time

I ended up paying $880 per person on United but I'd purchased the airfare back in February. Ridiculous price! We went PHX to Houston to Belize City. Don't forget you need to get to Ambergris Caye (if that's where you're going) and you either take a ferry or fly. We opted to fly on Tropic Air (about a 12-seater and takes 17 minutes from Belize City to AC) and the roundtrip fare was $140 per person. I'm glad we flew because when we arrived in Belize City the seas looked a little rough!

Ouch! Well I'll keep my fingers crossed that prices go down. I still have 8 months or so.

Don't forget the option of flying to Cancun, if you have the time for a long bus journey at each end of the trip. Flights to CUN are usually MUCH cheaper than to BZE.

A long bus ride is very unappealing. I can't help but think of the bus scene in "Romancing the Stone".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom