AirAsia connecting flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
Our NAM Air flight direct from Sorong - Jakarta was delayed four hours and we will miss our connecting flight from Jakarta - Bangkok.

Be advised that AirAsia's policy is that they will not modify a flight within 48 hours of departure.

Thus we will forfeit the cost of our connecting flight, have to make a last-minute booking (higher price), and pay for a hotel one night in Jakarta. NAM Air did have its act together enough to charge our overweight baggage though.

The benefit is we get to stay another four hours in the lovely So Wrong airport. I hope those two exhausted-looking guys in the restaurant are not our pilots....

The dive trip was great though! Lots of sharks on the Sorido Bay dives -- probably at least 2 or 3 every dive.

- Bill & Emily

1. I would rather pay a bit more for domestic and international connection by the same carrier. In Indonesia, Garuda rules.
2. Avoid "point to point" carrier or give them ample time for delay, 24hrs by my standard.
3. Anxiety is detrimental to health and I always try to avoid it especially on holiday.

Well we made it. 12 hour delay taking off from Sorong. It must have been a Christmas Miracle that the plane finally came and landed us safely in Jakarta. A lovely Christmas Eve. The plane we were on has been around a looong time. No more NAM Air for me! I could not eat their food.

Worth it to be in RA for three weeks though.

Best Holiday wishes to all.

Bill & EMily

I read from National Geographic few yrs ago that healthy reefs should have plenty of hungry sharks lurking around.
So what kind of sharks did you see?

In central RA, LOTS!! Two or three every day, sometimes more. More Blacktip than anything, also gray reef sharks, some large And a bit scary when they came close. Usually one or two tasseled Wobegon us every dive. Those, you have to look for them.

Southern RA – (Misool area) just black tips, and not every dive. But I thought the reefs were more enjoyable diving in southern RA.

Bill

did you have travel insurance? May be possible to claim. Or maybe even through your credit card as well. Check.

Glad you had a great time. I was on Sriwijaya Air (sp?) the first time i was in Indo and it was an old, worn and tired plane as well. I bent over to get something from my bag and noticed a sticker that said “property of Continental Airlines”. That’s where they sold the planes! :wink: Happy holidays!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom