Air Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems w/ Air Jamaica going to Curacao? They just canceled my flight and now they want to book it for a different day.

No, but Air Canada did the same thing to my Wife and I, when we wanted to go to Grand Cayman. We were to leave on the 26th of December and return the 3rd of January. They waited more than 1 month after we booked to tell us there were changing our flights to the 29th of December and our return was changed to the 9th of January.

They even refused to refund our money when we told them we did nt want the new dates, it took about 6 weeks after that to finaly get our money back.

So, your not alone with your Air Jamaica dilema.

BTW, thanks for letting me vent in your thread:D

AHHHHH!!! Don't even say those words to me.. Where are you flying from? On what day??

We are flying out of Chicago on May 6th but we were supposed to be going on the 5th

This is probably a part of the story why Delta and Air Jamaica alliance is unraveling - I'd hazard a guess that's occuring between AJ and Air Canada as well.

We first tried getting tickets via Delta and AJ using our Delta FF miles for our late March trip, but couldn't get any reasonable seat availability, and it will be past May before we take another dive trip.

"Thank you for choosing the services of Air Jamaica.

Effective May 1, 2007 Air Jamaica (JM) and Delta Airlines (DL) will no longer have a reciprocal codeshare agreement, whereby a marketing airline (e.g. DL) may sell seats on a flight operated by Air Jamaica, yet the tickets are issued as Delta. This is the agreement which has been progressively modified since October 2006 and to be fully revoked by May1, 2007.

However our Frequent Flyer partnership agreement, through which one may earn and redeem frequent flyer miles is still in effect at this time. This Frequent Flyer partnership is still displayed on both websites as noted in your email below.

Please feel free to contact Delta SkyMiles directly for further details on redeeming award ticket on Air Jamaica. Normal tickets involving connections on both carriers may be booked by contact the Reservations Departments directly using the appropriate number listed below

We look forward to having you onboard with us.

Best regards

Alecia Campbell ( Mrs.)
air Jamaica Reservations"

The bright side is Delta is adding a number of Caribbean destinations - like Guadeloupe and Martinique - so our Delta FF miles won't go to waste . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom