Air Jamaica Guarantees Delivery of Second Bag Within a WEEK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
:rofl3: But you do have to go back to the airport to pick it up...!

For flights to Grenada or Barbados, and yeah - you still have to pay $25 for the second bag to arrive later.

Oh, but you could buy the airline and do what you want...
Official: 2 offers received for Air Jamaica

A Jamaican senator says two offers have been made for the Caribbean country's money-losing national carrier, which the cash-strapped island has long been trying to privatize.
Sen. Don Wehby said in a Wednesday statement that he could confirm that two offers were recently received for Air Jamaica. He said he could not disclose any further specifics, citing ongoing negotations.

Wehby says the government is trying to "recapitalise Air Jamaica with a partner, and I think we are getting there."

Jamaica recently extended its deadline for privatizing Air Jamaica to June 30 as it tries to attract buyers.

In recent months, Air Jamaica has slashed dozens of jobs and eliminated routes aimed at making the ailing carrier profitable.

Don, it think (but not sure) this is intended for all the islanders who bring back everything with them but the kitchen sink when they return from the states!!! Been on a few of those flights and wow! that's all I can say! LOL!

Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I saw that. However, we've flown AJ from ORD to MBJ and the locals do like to pack on the goodies to take home. Sometimes they have a weight problem so I guess this will discourage the practice.

I can't imagine booking with AJ as a diver traveling to a diving destination with this policy. Seems like they are making a huge mistake with tourists. We used to fly AJ frequently but refuse to fly them after the terrible service and attitude we've experienced several times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom