Air-3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madisonbadger:
Thank you
I read it as the BC can not be inflated or deflated while breathing from the device. Is that what you mean

This is not true. At least with the AIR2.
Madisonbadger: I think that it would be in your best opinion to read and decide for yourself about the piece of euipment and then once you have decided, you can post inquiring about the pros and cons of each model. That way you can avoid silly remarks about strong willed individuals who may confuse you or offend your intelligence. I think that you will find in general the guys who have one don't have too many problems but at the same time aren't in love with it. Also most peolple are swayed the other way by a statement the effect of:
"With an air2 in most cases you will have to teach yourself to use it in an out of air foryour budy and hand him your octo. And to train yourself how to function in an emergency situation takes alot of practice and familiarization as you will always go back to your training of giving him the octo. And then there is your buddy (who if you are a single diver, you may have to explain your equipment configuration everytime you dive) and how he willreact in an emergency. Even if you explain it to him, he will likely dismiss it and forget that you said anything and the emergency situation will take a turn. So my thought is there, but I think that most people in your situation find that by posting and asking what people think about the integrated inflator/octopus only confuses them more and even if they go for it, they will be paranoid of the bad things they heard.

hope this helps....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom