Air-3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are you debating on the particular model of this type of equipment or the style of redundancy?

Somebody help me put all these worms back in the can! Hurry before Boogie sees them!!

rescuediver009
I guess I am asking both. I have used the integrated reg/inflators before but never had one with a horn.

I have never really needed one. I do have a whistle and I have never even thought I needed to use it.I also have a safety sausage and I have never really needed that either....but it is good to have, pain to freak'n dry out all the time tho.

I was only considering the horn since it was integrated into the device so I wouldn't have an extra hose. My dry suit takes up the last LP port anyway.

Cornfed, I do not understand your post.

madisonbadger:
rescuediver009
I guess I am asking both. I have used the integrated reg/inflators before but never had one with a horn.

I have never really needed one. I do have a whistle and I have never even thought I needed to use it.I also have a safety sausage and I have never really needed that either....but it is good to have, pain to freak'n dry out all the time tho.

I was only considering the horn since it was integrated into the device so I wouldn't have an extra hose. My dry suit takes up the last LP port anyway.

Cornfed, I do not understand your post.

Quick answer: these regs are hot topics on the board, and Boogie711 is, shall we say, a leading voice against using them. Personally, to each his own, even though I don't use one.

I think most people would be hard pressed to find me making any derogatory remarks about gear selection within the past few months.

I've decided that some people are asking for legitimate help, but that most are merely looking for validation of the gear that they've already chosen to purchase or have already bought. They don't like the answer I give, and no one leaves any happier. Personally, those people would be happier in a "Support the gear choice I've already made forum" but I digress.

However, for the sake of old times, allow me one comment just to continue and perpetuate my stereotype - ready?

"OK - is an Air 3 merely 1.5 times more likely to kill you than an Air 2?"

Everyone happy now? :)

in what way does it kill someone?
is it quality of construction? concept of the horn integrated into the reg/inflator unit?
I guess I don't understand. I have not bought it yet.

Boogie711:
"OK - is an Air 3 merely 1.5 times more likely to kill you than an Air 2?"

Everyone happy now? :)
Yes, thanks! :wink:

Thank you
I read it as the BC can not be inflated or deflated while breathing from the device. Is that what you mean

Back
Top Bottom