AHHH I'm going on a liveaboard in the Bahamas In June! Is it going to rain all day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasteve1982

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been doing some research and am getting very discouraged. I'm going on a blackbeards trip out of Freeport on the 7th of June. I realize now that june is the rainy month in the Bahamas. My question is : On a Liveaboard ship like the one I'm going on, Will we be able to find nice weather? I know mother nature is unpredictable and we could have bad weather all week. But do we have a good chance of getting some nice sunny days of diving? I'm sure I'll enjoy the trip any ways but I would be nice to get some sun!

whats the worst that can happen.. you'll get wet :multi:

sending postive thoughts for sunshine & clear viz for you

It depends upon the meaning of "all day" .

I mean all day! I don't mind a passing thunderstorm or 2. I just had this happen to me when I went to the Dominican Republic a few years back. I went in October (the rainy month) And it was like heavy rain 24/7. I still had fun and did a few dives. I guess I'm just hoping that its going to be nice for my first Live-aboard....Can you blame me?

no, its probably not going to rain that much if at all. Yes, June starts hurricane season but that just means more fluffy clouds in the skies and some passing occasional rain. :D I would expect sunny weather. Being on a liveaboard, your Capt will be sure to move the boat away from any large storms, too. No worries.

I used to have this worry every year when we went to Cozumel - the weather.com report showed thunderstorms every day for the week. I would panic and worry, we would get there and have a downpour for an hour maybe each day, that was it. We never missed a single dive because of rain or bad weather in June. Now, when we went in August it was much rainier and we did have one whole day of torrential downpours but we still went diving! Not great dives, but we were in Paradise so we didn't care.

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom