Trip Report Aggressor III Nov 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you wear a 3mm or a 5mm?
I had two different suits and wore both at different times. A 2/3 shortie when it was really warm and a 2/3 full suit the rest of the time. One diver was not wearing a wetsuit at all for part of the week. Was only cold on the last day otherwise it was unseasonably warm. Keep in mind I dive locally in a dry suit so everything is warm to me.

How was Egypt Air regarding weight of carry on bags?

I was flying Lufthansa into Marsa Alam so do not know coming in. Leaving out of Luxor I was concerned about the number of batteries I was carrying. Three Ikelite strobe batteries, two battery packs for video lights, one battery for my regular light, three go pro batteries and three batteries for my DSLR. Egypt air is very clear on their web site that no lithium batteries are allowed. In the end the carry on was searched four times and I was allowed on after showing them the Ikelite battery packs attached to the strobe and turned on at each check. Weight was never an issue but I was flying business class so it was never going to be a problem as long as I could lift the carryon.

Thanks for the report. A group of us is heading there for 2 weeks on the Agressor 3 (last two weeks of December). Week 1 to the southern route that you did and then week 2 to the northern route. Followed by a week on the Nile Queen. I appreciate you taking the time to do a trip report. How did you go about getting your COVID test prior to departure and return home? Did you use the one that the Aggressor provides and if so, did you have to pay cash?
If you don't mind, please let me know how your trip went.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom