Age of Scubapro Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know by serial number, but you can generally get a good idea based on the 1st stage and which yoke it has and the number of ports. Check out HomeMUSEU the specifics.

I don't know by serial number, but you can generally get a good idea based on the 1st stage and which yoke it has and the number of ports. Check out HomeMUSEU the specifics.

Not really, all the upgrades were able to be retrofitted. Mine for example was bought in 1968. Over time I had the 3000psi yoke installed then later the 5 lp ports, and second HP port, and then the balanced 2nd stage. I don't know how to tell. But by features isn't always the way.

DA Aquamaster deciphered serial numbers into birth dates in a thread a while back. Try searching his post and you may find your answer. (Then you can tell us :D)

Edit: I thought it was DA because he is a virtual encyclopedia. But the credit goes to Beachnik in this post re MK10 serial numbers:

Apparently, some of these things were made with serial numbers and the serial number is a manufacturing date code. The folks at the Scubapro museum did some checking around and then advised me:

"Your regulator was produced on the 192nd day of 1995 and it was the 121 regulator in that particular production run."

In another message, they told me that this unit was manufactured after production was moved to Italy. I'd guess that the serial number thing was started after production was moved to Italy.

So, if any of you have a serial number on a Scubapro 1st stage, this might help you make some sense of it.

Some manufactures and some military applications use the "Julian date" as part of a production tracking system.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom