Age of Poseidon 1. and 2. regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThomasScherrer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got a few regulators 1. and 2. stages
I guess it is cyklon 5000
I see alot of information stamped into the 1. regs like made with dots,
is there a way to figure out age of this ?

is there a general age list of Poseidon ?
when did they manufacture the different types of regs ?

I think the stuff is from 1980 give or take 10 years,
it is in really good shape, and works even better than other brand new equipment I got, so they really know how to make stuff back then.

what I got looks exactly like this:
http://www.poseidon.com/products/cyklon-50001

news :
I wrote to poseidon and got this info:

The cyklon 5000 model (article number 3950) was first launched in 1985 and we still make it and we still support it.
So you can get both parts and service from your nearest Poseidon dealer/Service Center

also he offered to give me manufacture dates when I give him the serial numbers
see that is nice service.

You can also get parts readily for the predecessor to the Cyklon 5000 - known as just the Cyklon or Cyklon 300 (same 2nd, different 1st) . . . Poseidon parts support, in my experience, has been stellar . . . and I agree on your assessment. I bought a Cyklon in 1976, and yet have found anything I like better . . . I did update my 1st stage to make it a 5000 this year, but that was mainly because I could, not because of any issue . . .

- Tim

I just hate my self so much.. I sold a 2. reg poseidon cyklon 5000 darn cheap last year
since it needed service, lately I got a few 1. regs and 2. regs cyklon 5000 in plastic, and learled how to service them my self,,
now I just cant forget that metal type I sold.. will I ever get over it ?
that was so dumb..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom