again vacation planing--where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
no holidays for the next month or two so time for planning better this time.

Has anyone an idea where to go?
It should be south of Thailand (my wife loves the south).
Diving should be possible.
should be a quite friendly place (not patong :Din Phuket)
should be cheap
should be as much eco/enviroment friendly/self-sufficient as possible. My wife loved Chumphon Cabana for its self-sufficient policy and Koh Lipe for its people there (Chao Lee).
should have an aircon else I die from the heat....

I would have some nice island in mind, where the locals made some nice bungalows and there is one DC with clean air (recently I had a nice DC which lubricated my gear with some oil in the air, don't need that again).

Anyone has a good idea??

south of thailand. i would try maybe sipadan, or somewhere in borneo off the malaysian coast. puerto gallera in the phillipines is quite nice. since you would like options such as aircon and decent bungalows im not sure if indonesia fits the criteria u are looking for. barrier reef is always an option thats south. or maybe if you want to go real south head for the south pacific (fiji, tahiti, cook islands, easter island) there should be some cheap accomodation. paradise on earth for me. ive never been there but i have heard png (papa new guinea) is out of this world also. many options are available but KEEP IN MIND i havent been to some of these places in quite some time and things such as piracy, looting, kidnapping, terrorism, and corrupt people exist all over throughout southeast asia. u should be fine just check out the local news to see whats going on. i also dont know the time of year to dive some of these places as i havent been there for awhile. i had a friend in thailand whos friend was actually kidnapped in borneo and held for ransom. they let him go because he owned a mobile phone store and he promised to ship them alot of new phones. i would just see where the best diving is at the time of the year u plan on going then narrow a selection down. good luck.

no worries.

south of thailand huh?

bar none koh phi phi. the best island in thailand. (outside of the similans that is... but you cant stay there).

phi phi was the highlight when i lived in thailand beautiful island with amazing people. diving is great too! phi phi don is exactly what your looking for.

hope this helps. have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom