Afternoon in Da Nang - worth diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyLitigator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Will be in Da Nang next year and will have one lunch and afternoon free (tight tour). Is it worth seeking out a dive shop for an afternoon dive (which would entail cost vis-a-vis family stuff)? Would only do so if the diving is excellent, and it seems maybe not so based on the lack of posts on the board relative to the size of the tourism infrastructure generally. But would welcome some advice.

I dove Nha Thrang, to be honest. Not much. Some dead coral, shallow, conveyor belt scuba diving. I'm guessing Da Nang is similar to that.

Isn't Da Nang the same as, or near, the China Beach of wartime (and in the 1990s, TV) fame? My trip to the region was at least 10-12 years ago, and I don't remember much. What I do remember is eating grilled cuttlefish at a beach restaurant. Then getting a guy on a motorbike to give me a ride to the airport. Didn't even consider diving.

I paid extra to dive the best site in Nha thrang, this was years ago and it was very poor back then so God knows what it's like now. I just googled diving Da Nang for the hell of it and got this immediately :rofl3:...A picture speaks a thousand words...
da nang.jpg

Back
Top Bottom