After advise, for end of May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wantonmien

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Landng in Manila end of May very early morning, and do not want to wait around for a domestic flight, so would rather get out of the international airport, get into a cab (or hotel mini bus) and head direct somewhere for 4 days of diving.

Have been to Puerto Galera (took 3 hours), had no complaints about it - but where else is recommended for similar road/boat transfer to good resort with good diving ?

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers

If I understand your question right, it sounds like you really only have two good choices depending on your likes and dislikes, and that would be Anilao(marine life) or Subic(wrecks). You should do a quick search of the board as there is a lot of good advice on Anilao already on the board, but not sooooo much on Subic. Good Luck on setting something up.

Just curious, when will you be arriving Manila? I have to fly up to Manila on the 25 to drop some visitors for their return flights to the states(early morning 26). I keep looking for my opportunity to dive Anilao..

Cheers,
Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger,

I'll be landing in Manila around 03:30 Saturday 29 morning, thus instead of waiting around for a domestic flight I hope to be in a van or taxi arriving in resort location / hotel by around 7 ~ 7:30 in time for breakfast ~ as can be done if heading to Puerto Galera.

I'll read up on Anilao and Subic, and decide in the next few weeks.

Cheers

Anilao has some great diving. There are several small resorts that are very nice. some are budget and some very expensive depending on your budget. there is a good dive shop on the road into anilao, called Makdiver. He (Kiko) can arrange transport from Manila to any resort in anilao at a very reasonable price. With only 4 days of diving available to you, I would do either anialo or subic. Can't speak for subic, but been to anialo quite a few times, as a matter of fact, I will be there next week for a while.

If I land in Manila, my first choice would be Anilao. As a photographer, the diving is varied although undeniebly mostly macro- I have never seen so many nudis in my life! But there are a lot of other subjects for picture taking. My resort of choice is Club Ocellaris, whose dive guides are among the best I have the pleasure to dive with. They are dive spotters and are there to work for you (looking for critters) and not just to swim with you. We dove 4 times per day with a max of 3 guest divers in the group, at times it was only the dive guide and I, specially at night! Even if you are not a serious photographer, you would feel your 4 days of diving is too short. I did, with my 6 days of diving. Most resorts are nestled on the hillside, so get a room/hut as close to the water as possible, unless you like to exercise a lot.

anilao

i seriously doubt if subic diving would keep you interested for 4 days

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom