After 29 years of diving, I'm still searching for new sites ... can you help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirlwithdogs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello ... I was certified by Naui in Kona, Hawaii in 1986 and have been diving all around the world regularly since then ... but there are still many sites I have yet to explore. In February I'll be on the Siren Fleet in Palau and then thinking of going to Thailand afterwards. I'd love suggestions, since my readings indicate that many parts of it are very overcrowded and the reefs are suffering accordingly.

In February I'll be on the Siren Fleet in Palau and then thinking of going to Thailand afterwards. I'd love suggestions, since my readings indicate that many parts of it are very overcrowded and the reefs are suffering accordingly.

It seems like you're asking "is it okay to be part of the problem?"

Or after Palau you could come over and join us in Okinawa for some different diving and less crowds.

Thailand is not on the top of my list. what are you looking for, and what have you done. Difficult to give you ideas with such a poor info :wink:

I haven't been to Palau but based on its reputation, seems to me you're doing your dive vacation backwards. :)

I've been diving for 53 years now although I didn't start traveling to remote destinations until 16 years ago. I'm fine diving the same site a billion times as I often see something completely new (species, behavior, interaction, etc.).

I was in Palau last March for 2 1/2 weeks. I'll be heading back there next spring for 5-6 weeks. Probably the best diving I've done. Was in Thailand but that was years ago... enjoyed it, but not the best destination IMHO.

Give us more info on your background and we can probably help to a greater degree.

Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Ray

almost 2 weeks now that you posted your question and no answer from you: explanation is Vacation, laziness, inattention or simple lack of basic education :)?

Last edited:
howdy and welcome from south Florida....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom