Affordable polartec undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pin83

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In my recent search for fleece drysuit undergarments, I decided xerotherms would be perfect. I also decided they were too damn expensive, so I started looking for alternatives.
I came across a lady in Idaho who makes thermal underwear from Polartec Powerstretch. Now they don't have the pretty branding, contrast stitching or flat-lock seams, but they're made from the same stuff, and you can get a set of top/pants/socks for about US$100... (including having thumb loops and stirrups added)

It's not cold enough to dive them here yet, but they seem pretty good and the sizing is bang-on. Colleen is a pleasure to deal with, and very helpful.

Wicking Long Underware

No affiliation, just looking after my fellow tight-arses... :)

Dave.

Excellent prices. I'd love to hear more input!

The other difference I see is the Polartec Powerstretch Pro material that the other company is offering.

Last edited:
PM me her contact information please

In my recent search for fleece drysuit undergarments, I decided xerotherms would be perfect. I also decided they were too damn expensive, so I started looking for alternatives.
I came across a lady in Idaho who makes thermal underwear from Polartec Powerstretch. Now they don't have the pretty branding, contrast stitching or flat-lock seams, but they're made from the same stuff, and you can get a set of top/pants/socks for about US$100... (including having thumb loops and stirrups added)

It's not cold enough to dive them here yet, but they seem pretty good and the sizing is bang-on. Colleen is a pleasure to deal with, and very helpful.

Wicking Long Underware

Dave.

Thanks for the link, looks like a good product. Post a dive report when you can.

Wicking Long Underware

Dave.

In what temperatures do you wear these? I use my drysuit in Hawai'i for long exposure tech dives. I've been getting away with sweats and a long sleeved t-shirt but I have been looking to upgrade. I have a feeling these will be "too" warm?

There is a thread floating around about a guy on Ebay http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/174828-cheap-ebay-drysuit-undergarments.html

I ordered a custom size suit for around $100 a year or so ago since he did not have anything in stock that was my size.

Apologies, but I've scoured that thread and can't find the gentleman's Ebay store/link in there anywhere. The closest I could get was to an Ebay Motors site for racing suits. Could someone post a recent link to "rondel" Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom