affordable NEX 5 and 5n Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do these work on the newer NEX 5 models?

Does anyone know what other lenses would fit in the 18-55 housing? Just got it, and am wondering if I can put a faster lens or maybe the 30 macro or 24 zeiss (not sure if I can afford that, esp if it floods :p ).

I'm considering this set up as an upgrade to a point and shoot I have been using. Looking at the case it's for a 5N and the camera that Sony is offering now is a 5R. Will the case still fit both or are there differences. Thanks guy!

I had recently brought this casing (18-55mm) version for my NEX5 and took it to Bali for photo shooting. The first three dives worked fine. However, water leaked into the casing during the 4th dive at around 15m and flooded the entire casing. My camera was beyond repair and lost all my photos during the first three dives. It's was a disaster! I have paid the price for being cheap. Will not recommend this casing to any friends / divers.

photo.php

I had bought one of the cheaper ones also. I used it on one pool dive just for testing and one open water dive. The images came out good but I couldn't access some of the controls, no movie functions and at depth others would not work properly. The on and the shutter worked fine. The on camera flash is blocked by the lens port.

I just felt it wasn't going to work very well for me so I broke down and spent the money on a 10Bar housing and have been really happy with it so far, just a few shallow dives with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom