Affordable April tropical destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunatley, only the airlines (U.S. Air & a couple others) offer travel insurance cancellation for business reasons (there is a 50-50 probability I will have to cancel at the last minue) (thanks for your reply in the other thread I started Natasha). So I am reduced to going with them. Unfortuantley, those pacakge trips are (1) expensive (2) don't include diving so they are more expensive (3) are to very few diving locations. So we are going to try to pick something up last minue. Most likely we will end up hopping down to S. Florida again. However, we may get lucky and find cheap last minute tickets to somewhere like Belize, Honduras, or T&C with reasonable hotels still available.

I checked out Akumal, and it looks very nice, its also not super popular so maybe everything won't have sold out for a last-minute trip.

The live-aboards also look fantastic, but there is no way I could reserve one and then cancel at the last minute. When I move on to a more humane job the first thing I am doing is hopping on a live-aboard. (I really want to dive Cay Sal in Bahamas).

Unfortunatley, what started as a well-considered process of setting up a trip will be left to the fates of Priceline.

Taca might still have a sale. Fantasy Island is $750 for a week including meals and diving.

Taca is doing $199 RT fares from Miami to Roatan. But from the recent word on the board, spend a few extra bucks and go to CocoView or AKR, rather than Fantasy Island. I've still yet to hear from anyone who felt that it had improved sufficiently to warrant your hard-earned diving $$.

Zeina

Have a look at www.regaldive.co.uk They are a good outfit. Alternatively a lot of UK dive package operators advertise on www.divernet.co.uk

I see you've been to The Maldives. How much does that cost from the US? It is possible to get a 2 week half board package with flights from UK for $1200 between Jan and June and as you have to stop in europe it could be pretty cost effective. (diving extra - approx $300 a week). Which island were you on?

Neil

I went to the Maldives in March 2000 from France (I live temporarily in the US since 2001), and it was a pretty good deal, but not as good as the one you're mentioning: 2 week live-aboard (Ari, South Male, Felidhoo Atolls) at about $2,200. We had a blast!! :)

I guess it would cost around $4,000 to $5,000 from the US, but then you get to dive 3-4 times a day on Nitrox.
I agree that anyone who wants to go to the Maldives or the Red Sea from the US should go through the UK.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom