Aero California Stops La Paz Flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bikefox

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just recieved am email from Expedia telling me as of April 6th, Aero California will no longer be flying to La Paz AND they are NOT offering refunds. Sucks for me since I'm booked for late July. Hopefully between my trip insurance and credit card I can get my money back!!! Guess I'll be flying to Cabo and taking a bus or dishing out $700 to fly on a different airline.

bikefox:
Just recieved am email from Expedia telling me as of April 6th, Aero California will no longer be flying to La Paz AND they are NOT offering refunds. Sucks for me since I'm booked for late July. Hopefully between my trip insurance and credit card I can get my money back!!! Guess I'll be flying to Cabo and taking a bus or dishing out $700 to fly on a different airline.

The Mexican Aviation agencie and the goverment just gave them a 90 day period to show a significance change in the safety of their planes, or they lose their licence. Tehy are not fying anywhere rigth now.

http://www.examiner.com/Business-a66881~Mexican_Officials_Shut_Down_Aerocalifornia.html

Yeah, Bummer, I changed my trip to Cabo for $500.00 less.
I wrote the air consummers gov. site and was told that they were shut down for canabalizing parts from older planes and for lack of training for their mechanics and pilots. I have been flying with them to La Paz for a few years. I guess I am lucky to still be around LOL.
Alaska used to fly to La Paz. I which they still did.

Hi,
I read an article that other airlines are picking up those prev. made reservations for a good price. (Mexicana Airlines) If you PM me, I will forward the article.

Back
Top Bottom