Aeris Velocity Duo Split Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Praxus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First off, hi to everyone on the board here. This forum is great!

I've just been certified and am buying some gear, and am interested in these open heel aeris split fins http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_956/Context_954/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/AERFVD.html?Hit=1

There's no lds near me that has them to try on, and their sizing is L/XL for shoe sizes 9-12, and XL/XXL for size 12 and higher. Since my feet are size 12, I'm thinking I should get the largest size, since I'll also be getting blue reef 5mm booties...

I'm also hoping a size 12 boot will fit my size 12 feet. Bummer no one carries blue reef near me.

Hopefully I'm on the right track here... but any comments and/or experiences with those fins and the boots/sizes are welcome!

Its pretty surprising no one knows anything about these fins, especially since they are such at good deal at leisurepro. Anyways I got them and they look great; will be bringing them to roatan in 3 weeks so will know soon enough how they perform.

Maybe too new? Maybe too cheap so no one is interested, in contrast to Apollo, Atomic, Tusa? I don't know the answer but would like to hear what you think after you try them. I also can't find much variety in my local shops so I have to look for advice here. Kind of drag if you don't live where diving is big enough that you have a wide choice of products to compare.

I am an aeris dealer. What can I do to help?
Brent

jd950:
Kind of drag if you don't live where diving is big enough that you have a wide choice of products to compare.

There's a 'decent' selection in toronto dive shops. Except get this, all open heel split fins in LDS's cost 250 bucks! No joke. No wonder I ordered most of my gear online.

I'm digging this one up only because these fins caught my eye as well. I found a review that rated them "Very Good" but haven't been able to find anything by regular joes. Anyone have any insight on the Velocity Duos?

I got these fins from Leisure Pro, and I like them alot. I'm just finishing scuba certification, so I haven't done any open water dives yet, but they work fine in the pool. The foot pocket is a little big, I'm going to need to get 3mm boots with a harder sole to take up some space. I usually wear a size 8 shoe in women's, and I got the small/medium size. Leisure pro is a great website, and I highly reccomend them as well!

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom