Aeris T3 transmitter not connecting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
If you saw my last post, just replaced the batteries in both my Elite T3 computer and transmitter. Computer was showing low battery and I can only assume the transmitter was low/dead as well. I'm trying to get the computer to connect to the transmitter now but no dice. Comp shows good battery, but 'Not Avail' for the transmitter during battery check. Transmitter connection number is correct. It's mounted on a tank with an unknown amt of air in it (trying to figure that out w/ the computer...). Any ideas?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

If you saw my last post, just replaced the batteries in both my Elite T3 computer and transmitter. Computer was showing low battery and I can only assume the transmitter was low/dead as well. I'm trying to get the computer to connect to the transmitter now but no dice. Comp shows good battery, but 'Not Avail' for the transmitter during battery check. Transmitter connection number is correct. It's mounted on a tank with an unknown amt of air in it (trying to figure that out w/ the computer...). Any ideas?

I am looking at buying the Hollis DG03. I think these are similar and may even use the same transmitter. I think I remember reading or hearing it from the Hollis rep today that your oxygen has to be turned on before it will start sending a signal. Have you done that?

FWIW, I had precisely the same problem with my Elite T3 not connecting though the battery indicated OK. The previous owner, who I had jsut b ought it from, said he had only replaced three months previous. I pulled the battery, and it tested at a hair over 3VDC, which should be nominal per the Aeris spec. Just for the heck of, and because I actually had a brand new fresh battery, I thought I'd pop that one in to see if anything happened. I tested it first and it was about 3.2VDC, and when I installed it, the connection was instantaneous and has stayed that way since. Although I'm not suggesting this is what's happening with yours, I have experienced other electronic gadgets actually "preferring" a slightly higher voltage than their specs say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom